The house site supported ornamented plastered concrete walls on its southern and eastern exposures, the latter having suffered partial collapse early in 2015. The surviving superstructure is clearly from a later construction. Exposed inner walls on its southern flank reveal concrete reinforced with what appear to be the rails from the small gauge Decauville system used to haul cane from the fields to the mill. Visitors in 1938 described a new house owned by Lorenzo Tous that was constructed on the original site. A 1947 photograph clearly shows a frame house incorporating the plastered walls under construction directly on top of the larger stone foundation that survives today.