It was about 10 kilometers (6 miles) inland from the coast up to the plateau where Campo Noruego was to be established. To begin with, they used the tractor to transport equipment, but soon found out that it was cheaper and quicker to hire local men with teams of oxen to do the job instead. The carts were brought along from Norway.
Norwegian colonists arrived on Floreana Island in 1925 and were invited to San Cristobal Island in September 1926. By 1928, only 14 remained in Campo Noruego. This photograph shows their equipment delivered via oxen-drawn cart, the same means of conveyance used by the hacienda to deliver products to its Bodega on the coast at Puerto Chico.